Anna (known here as Your Art Bud): Thank you so much for sharing you art story with us We are so happy to have you here! At what age have you started making art and did you finish any art schools?
A: Do you think in order to become an artist you need to go to an art school?
“If you are motivated, you can always find ways to learn” – QU Lan.
A: What are the biggest influences on the style and the topics of your art pieces?
A: Your works are often connected to your home country – China (The Lucky Cat, Watercolour of China, Scenery of Ancient China etc.). Is that because you miss living there?
Q: I lived in several cities in China, in France and in Belgium. I’m not kind of nostalgic person. Wherever I live, I always make myself at ease. In my portfolio there are more Asian scenes because I’m Asian illustrator living in Europe, my European clients tend to entrust me with Asian stories. Actually, I illustrated also Caucasian, African or animal histories.
A: What are your favorite tools that you use when making art?
A: How long does it take for you to finish one art piece?
“I don’t like leaving a piece of work for the next day. If it engages a sleepless night, be it.” – QU Lan.
A: Do you think it is important for artists to work in agencies first and then become freelancers?
A: Who are your top favorite artists?
Q: French illustrator Rebecca Dautremer. When I first saw her illustrations, I told myself that Illustrator is a career worth a try. She is the forerunner for me to follow.
A: What is your big art dream?
I want to make more wonderful illustrations and books with fresh concepts, and try other funny things, such as animation movies, pop-up books or comic albums… There are so many exciting things to learn and to create!
* ” Artist Interview #2 – Featuring B. Blue “ for her story and colorful paintings!* ” Artist Interview #3 – Featuring Agnieszka Nienartowicz “ to get inspired by her art and tips.* ” Artist Interview #4 – Featuring Daria Golab “ for her insights.* ” Artist Interview #5 – Featuring Christian Orrillo “ where he shares his Art Path!
* ” 14 Best Figure Drawing Books for Beginners “ with a list of great resources!
* ” How to Art – 7 Beginner Steps to Improve Your Drawings “ for some more tips on how to get started on Your Art Path!
* ” 15 Leonardo Da Vinci Quotes ” to learn from the master’s ideas!
* ” Top Oil Painting Tutorials on YouTube or 8 Steps to Learning How To Paint in Olis ” to master oil painting in no time!